What’s covered in this Deep Dive
- Current Digital Trends
- Commonly Faced Problems
- Challenges & Opportunities
- A New Approach to Digital Promotions
- Future Trends
We have tried to take a holistic view of the industry’s approach to digital marketing & based our analysis on that.
Commonly Faced Problems
Lack of IP Infrastructure
At present, the majority of the restaurants rely on 3rd party aggregators for booking and digital wallet systems
Inefficient Data Management & Retargeting
Restaurants generally have a feedback form, where they have the data of people visited the restaurant. But, this data is never used for the purpose of remarketing
Efficient ORM is greatly lacking in today’s industry as brands rarely track indirect complaints made about them. Whereas ORM can be used to convert customers unhappy with other brands
With the growing competition in the food industry, it is difficult to bring back old customers as people want to try new things and experience new places
State of Marketing
- Low media spends
- Audience interaction online
- Brand Outreach
- Strong Remarketing
- Build conversations online
- Customer Retention
- Sync offline & online campaigns
Engagement Funnel Flow
- People who have a small but engaged audience in the digital space are called Micro-influencers.
- Due to the small yet engaged audience of these Micro-influencers, the impact created by their posts is higher in comparison to other influencers.
- We all have that one friend we go to when we need any food-related recommendation.
- These are people who are trusted for their genuine feedback.
- Common hashtags used by these micro-influencers in their posts can then be used by the brands for tracking to initiate conversations.
- Going back to the posts of the micro-influencers and bring them over will help in building our community online which can then be converted.
- Collaborating with multiple micro-influencers and bringing their audience together at the brand’s location will provide a major boost on social media in a cost-effective manner.
- Micro-influencer campaigns along with the syncing of their online and the brand’s offline presence can help in bringing the community together.
- With the help of micro-influencer campaigns, we can target people of similar interests and engage with them in the digital space.
- While effectively building the brand through micro-influencers, ORM and promoting user-generated content we look to build a loyal community who would keenly interact with the brand.
Sync Offline & Online Campaigns
- Planning a campaign in such a way that people should be encouraged to talk about the brand and their experience in the digital space.
- The amount of engagement we build as a brand should reflect on both the mediums.
- Engaging with the audience while they are at the restaurant and giving them a unique experience will encourage people to share the same on their social media platforms.
Efficient Data Management
- The amount of data gathered in the hospitality industry is immense.
- It would be extremely beneficial for one’s business if one learns how to leverage this data to the fullest.
- Constant engagement with the data gathered by providing updates, customized offers or loyalty points can help boost one’s business.
- In addition to that, we can attract these people by arranging special events to build a strong community.
Our entire effort is focused on making sense of complexity in brands and products. From promising startups to companies with decades of history, we create and position businesses from strategy and design to developing a complete user experience. Designing brands and products that speak to both heart & mind.