- India is the biggest market for TikTok in terms of the number of users after China. It has amassed about 200 million users in India and poses a serious threat to the dominance of social networking giant Facebook.
- While the Bytedance-owned company didn’t impact the revenue churn by the Facebook ecosystem in India till the second half of last year, it’s no more the case as TikTok started a push to make money over the past months. TikTok has set a target to cross Rs 100 crore in the July-Sep quarter this year.
- Brands whose target audience fall under age bracket 18 to 36 have been seeing TikTok as a more engaging platform than Facebook and Google ecosystems.
Pepsi – #SwagStepChallenge
Objective – Pepsi’s unique Swag Step Challenge comes of the association with the super hit movie franchise Dabangg 3.
Users can make a Swag sign using their hands to trigger Pepsi branded sunglasses and nod to flip the glasses in the air.
Views: 5.4 billion +
- Objective – Swiggy worked to launch Swiggy Starhunt, a platform for delivery partners to showcase their talent by uploading videos on popular video-sharing app TikTok.
- These videos come under the categories of acting, dancing, singing and musical instruments.
- They worked 11 languages to reach a pan-Indian audience, which resulted in 44+ million views.
Moov – #MakeYourMoov
TikTok collaborated with Moov for a first of its kind brand fitness campaign #MakeYourMoov.
Moov initiated a unique Hashtag Challenge called #MakeYourMoov where users were encouraged to post a video performing at least one fitness move of their choice which witnessed a humongous response with participation across age groups.
Views: 9 billion +
Objective – The campaign amassed a great response since the launch while encouraging users to start their day with healthy snacking.
With brand ambassador Ranveer Singh, Bingo! launched an interactive campaign #StartWithStarters where users accepted a dance challenge.
Views: 8.5 billion +
Lay’s – #Wavez4India
- Objective – The challenge celebrates Lay’s Wavez, the latest offering from PepsiCo, and leverages the popularity of TikTok.
- The video and hashtag were created urging fans to join in the fun while creating a ‘Wavez4India’ step.
- Besides Yuvraj, dancing star Shakti Mohan has also accepted the challenge and participated by creating her own version of the Wavez4India step.
Objective – At Hopscotch, the objective was to speak in fun, creative ways to talk to the customers.
Hopscotch and TikTok partnered on a fun Rap-Challenge asking moms across the country to create videos that capture their experiences while styling their kids.
Views: 2 billion +
Current Ads – Indeed
Our entire effort is focused on making sense of complexity in brands and products. From promising startups to companies with decades of history, we create and position businesses from strategy and design to developing a complete user experience. Designing brands and products that speak to both heart & mind. – Yash Sanghvi